well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Price Cuts : College Edition

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price Cuts : College Edition
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
College slashing sticker prices:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...fa44b80ba_story.html

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12704 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
It’s like buying a piano. At some of those schools hardly anybody pays the sticker price. Will be interesting to see if advertising closer to the reality actually helps with enrollment.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20484 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We experienced the car salesman version of this. You can get a lot off the sticker price of a Chevy, a bit off a Toyota or a Honda, as long as you don't pick the most recent popular model, and good luck getting anything off BMW's latest hot car.

I will say that there were schools that gave us nothing. Skidmore, for example, is notorious for not giving a lot of merit aid. I've heard that Northeastern is, too. And Boston College specifically says that it doesn't give ANY merit aid, except for 25 Presidential scholarships that are, I think, full rides. However, they say that they meet demonstrated need for everyone, 100%.

Posts: 45778 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post