well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Switzerland's breakaway cheesemakers

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Switzerland's breakaway cheesemakers
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
In L'Etivaz, a group of families disillusioned with Gruyère's modernization created their own appellation with its own strict standards. Today, their descendants keep the tradition alive, making highly sought after cheese in copper kettles over wood fires, high in the breathtakingly beautiful Alps.

Sounds like a really cool place to visit on a vacation and I'd OD on fondue, but as much as I love peace and quiet I'm not sure I would want to live the life.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...tivaz-cheese-is-made

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post