well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Audi that got me started on the marque

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Audi that got me started on the marque
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
https://www.caranddriver.com/n...g-a-trailer-auction/

A friend of RM at New College had this exact car but it was red. He used to let people borrow it. He was very causal about it. I loved driving that car back and forth from Sarasota and Tampa. It was one of the best driving experiences I've had and can safely say it was my favorite one. Its suspension was a masterpiece. It was like riding on rails. Good times.

Posts: 25280 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
And this was the dream car roommate and I bought new.

They are off on the price estimate. It was 40k and 0 cents out the door, the standard market price, invoice plus an amount over, 2k iirc.

We bought it in Las Vegas and drove it home to Arizona, driving over the Hoover Dam as the sun was rising and the red lights in the interior were glowing.

You can click on the link for more pictures but frankly this is the car's best angle.

1998 was the first year of its generation and this car influenced car design for over a decade.

I don't wonder if I would do it again. I wouldn't. It was great but I'm older and wiser now.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Edit. This is a link of photos. It's worth looking at the engine compartment. It's a normally aspirated V6. Beautiful.