well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    We need a field trip to Vermont!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We need a field trip to Vermont!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Golden retriever dog farm becoming a tourist hot spot in Vermont

ABC News' Will Reeve is in golden retriever heaven at Golden Dog Farm in Vermont.

Warning: totally awesome video of a "happy of goldens".

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Liv...t-hot-spot-107918016

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37847 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
One more reason to visit Vermont.

Full disclosure: I love Vermont. Our younger daughter went to college at Lyndon State in Lyndonville, Vermont so we've had many trips to that state. I was first there on a family vacation as a boy. My wife went there in the winter when our daughter was visiting prospective college choices. We made at least two trips per year until she graduated. We've been back occasionally since then, in particular for her wedding there in 2013. We've been pretty much all over the state from Bennington and Brattleboro in the south to St. Albans and Newport in the north and lots of towns, villages, and countryside in between. It's incredibly scenic and small enough to explore with short drives between points of interest.

Only one word of advice: If you're planning a trip in mud season (the spring thaw}, try to avoid much travel away from main routes. Half the roads in the state are unpaved and they can be treacherous to navigate in mud season.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7396 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I went to Sonata piano camp in Old Bennington for several Septembers. Beautiful area.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
(Checks calendar)

We are *so* going to visit that place!

(And the world’s coolest General Store in Stow, I think)

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34881 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
There’s a nice glass blowing factory and a great general store (maybe the one Steve is thinking of) with apple cider donuts on the way to Stow.

You can go north from Stow past Smuggler’s Notch to get to that golden farm, but it’s a hard route in snowy weather.

Posts: 45733 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post