Find
Notify
Tools

Deals
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Hulu with ads (doesn't include Live), 99 cents a month for a year. Add Starz for 99 cents a month for six months.

https://www.kiplinger.com/pers...lu-black-friday-deal

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37875 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bunch of streaming deals, including Max.

https://www.techradar.com/blac...iday-streaming-deals

For $12.50 an introductory rate for one month, I'm tempted to check out Philo to compare it to YouTube TV. Combined with a Tablo, that could be a good way to go...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37875 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm looking at it. There are a lot of channels my bride likes.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking for a pizza oven?

https://www.abt.com/Ooni-Fyra-...P0AD00/p/177715.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Roku express 4K is down to $25 on Amazon.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hey Mik...if you're considering Philo, the deal that's available through tomorrow (11/28) is that you get a 7 day free trial, and then the first month is half off ($12.50).

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Tablo is performing really well so far. Bought a new TV for the bedroom since our Roku up there was too old to handle the newer Tablo app. I could have bought an adapter, but that TV is probably 20 years old. It doesn't owe us anything.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking for an adjustable height desk? Here's one at Costco...lowest price I've seen it, cheaper online and delivered than it's been in the warehouse in the past...

https://www.costco.com/.produc...-8869-a0e5948a87f8-0

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Hint for Tablo users - do not try to use it with a Roku Express. The Express cannot handle the throughput, which is odd because it handled caable fine. I guess it's because cable is so compressed and OTA is not. I had to buy an Ultra but it works great now.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good deal at Paramount+. You can get a 30 day free trial and include Showtime. Good way to catch up on some shows for free.

quote:
Paramount Plus: get 1-month free trial | use code WANTMORE
Paramount Plus is already very generous with its 7-day free trial. Currently, though you can extend the trial period and get a whole 30 days of access to its library of great TV, movies, and even sports. Valid on both its plans, go for Premium and also gain access to Showtime titles like Yellowjackets and Billions as well as exclusives like College Football.

Offer ends December 31

VIEW DEAL

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting that the Roku Express wasn't able to handle the OTA. If I ever think about an antenna and Tablo, I'll have to check and see if our Roku Streaming Stick 4K would be compatible.

I think I get three months of Apple TV+ for free with the Rokus I bought at Best Buy...I bought them in-store rather than online. Probably should check the receipt and see if there's some kind of code to activate the deal.

I'm such a miser...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I think the stick can handle it, but the express just runs off a 5 watt charger, like a phone charger.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Was your Express older? I wonder if it was the wifi speed that was the issue...not sure why the charger would make a difference.

quote:
Notable Updates
The low-end Roku Express finally got upgraded to dual-band Wi-Fi to improve connectivity, but with no 4K support and very few bells and whistles, it’s still worth spending more to upgrade.

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/b...tablo-ota-dvrs-2023/

I have a triple band router, one band at 2.4 and the other two at 5.0. Amazing how much faster my speedtest runs when I use the 5.0 connection.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Chicago Tribune for a year for $3.00.

https://mktops.chicagotribune....er&g2i_campaign=CM23

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I signed up for YouTube premium at $13.99 per month. I watch it quite often for documentaries, how-to videos, cooking classes, and musical performances, and not having to click through the ads makes it worth it. Premium also makes it possible to listen in the background while using other apps.

An added bonus is you get YouTube music as part of the package. I’ve been using Amazon music (also $13.99/mo) but have now cancelled it, thereby making the cost a wash. I actually like YT music better as the suggested playlists are longer and more varied, and the sound quality is a bit better.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post