well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    "The Chris Wallace interview is Biden’s campaign ad"

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Chris Wallace interview is Biden’s campaign ad"
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
An interview with Chris Wallace of Fox News Sunday included a claim not to care what the military has to say about renaming its bases, and an argument about whether identifying an elephant was strong evidence of mental stability.

Part of the interview’s shock value lay in which network broadcast it: Fox News, which has only recently seen its cozy relationship with Trump start to erode.

But Wallace is known as a Fox News outlier, comfortable breaking ranks to ask tough questions of the president and members of his administration.

His Trump interview, which was taped at the White House on Friday, was a textbook example. At one point, Wallace referenced “mean tweets” that Trump posted about him, and asked if the president understood his responsibilities as a reporter.

“I’m not a big fan of Fox, I’ll be honest with you,” Trump said.

It was one of several surprising comments.

quote:
Trump, 74, responded by asking that Biden, 77, immediately take a cognitive test. The president said last week that he “aced” an unspecified test. It is assumed he is referring to a cognitive assessment from 2018. Wallace, 72, said he had also taken the test, after seeing the president had.

“It’s not the hardest test,” he said. “They have a picture and it says ‘What’s that’ and it’s an elephant.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us...is-wallace-interview

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
More on the interview from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...orsens/#126d723a229e

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Our friends the Republicans voted for this bully-child grifter, and 60 million of them will do so again, even knowing all that we know about him. But we're supposed to be understanding ...

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I watched excepts and noticed Trump was sweating profusely...

Wallace was cool as a cucumber. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
I watched excepts and noticed Trump was sweating profusely...

Wallace was cool as a cucumber. Smiler

Like he did in the debates, along with that suck in breath...

Oh, and lied and went off on side stories.

Ugh

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The best part was when Trump insisted that the last five questions were very hard, and Wallace pointed out that it includes counting back from 100 by 7. And, as Trump continued to insist how hard it was, Wallace muttered, “93.”

Big Grin

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
But we're supposed to be understanding ...

That is evidence that they don't know or care what they are doing by supporting him.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Frowner

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
From Yuval Levin in the National Review.

A Study in Self-Pity

quote:
Asked to reflect on his term so far as he seeks re-election, the president’s answer is that he was treated unfairly. Even when he is literally invited by his interviewer to say good things about himself, all he can reach for is resentment.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
So weird that Trump was sweating profusely and Wallace wasn’t.

Hard to watch. In a good way.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My professional colleagues and I had a great laugh over this, the culmination of a week's worth of Trump bragging that he passed his cognitive test with scores so high that the examiners were amazed.

The test he most likely took was the Montreal Cognitive Assessment test, aka MoCA. It is a routine 10-minute exam that's intended to help with initial diagnosis of possible cognitive/neurological impairment. Notice all the waffly language in that sentence. That's by design. If you are normal or near-normal, then you will pass the test. Everyone here will pass the test, most likely with a perfect score. If you don't pass the test, it's a signal for further assessment. It's not an IQ test, for heaven's sake. This is like the old joke, "I studied hard, and passed my blood test!"

So yeah, Trump's comments this week have been pretty funny, but not nearly as good as Wallace: "It's an elephant..." "93...." Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The Lincoln Project has an ad based on the Chris Wallace interview.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLin...618062545362950?s=20

Bazootiehead-in-training