well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Happy Birthday, Piano*Dad

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/3543956497

17 July 2020, 11:26 AM
CHAS
Happy Birthday, Piano*Dad
Keyboard Jam

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

17 July 2020, 12:02 PM
Steve Miller
Happy Birthday! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

17 July 2020, 12:35 PM
wtg
Happy birthday, P*D!!!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to loveā€¦ and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

17 July 2020, 01:01 PM
rontuner
Make it a great one!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

17 July 2020, 04:13 PM
Nina
Happy Birthday!! Flower
17 July 2020, 04:38 PM
Piano*Dad
Thank you all.

My day is pretty normal. I'm grading some tests ... teaching our second summer term remotely (I think this remote stuff can work very well).

We will grab some dinner outdoors, weather permitting.

Nice event today was giving something rather than receiving. A few months ago we got an excellent local jeweler to redesign my grandmother's 1920s engagement ring. The old setting was falling apart and couldn't be repaired. So we had a new setting made for the diamond. We picked up the ring today!
17 July 2020, 04:43 PM
ShiroKuro
Happy Birthday P*D!!

quote:
Nice event today was giving something rather than receiving. A few months ago we got an excellent local jeweler to redesign my grandmother's 1920s engagement ring. The old setting was falling apart and couldn't be repaired. So we had a new setting made for the diamond. We picked up the ring today!

Oh that's wonderful!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

17 July 2020, 10:11 PM
Nanna
Happy Birthday, Piano*Dad! Would you share which local jeweler you used? We have some family jewelry that needs attention, too.

Thanks!
17 July 2020, 10:37 PM
Piano*Dad
Nanna, it's Reggie Akdogan at ...

The Precious Gem

Right in Merchants Square in downtown. Reggie is traditional, but that's good for what we needed. We didn't want a screaming modern setting for a 1920s diamond.
17 July 2020, 10:41 PM
Piano*Dad
I've been hearing lyrics all day ...

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me ..."

Big Grin
18 July 2020, 09:49 AM
Nanna
Thanks, Piano*Dad. They certainly have lovely pieces in the store window! Glad to know they are good for custom work,too.
18 July 2020, 06:09 PM
big al
A belated happy birthday.

Glad to hear that it was all good.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ