well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Who else is NOT going to watch the Super Bowl.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who else is NOT going to watch the Super Bowl.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted
I’ve seen one football game in my life and that was on a date with a girl I really liked.

J

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
+1. Not a football household here, either.

I need a couple of things from the grocery store, but I'm pretty sure it's mobbed with people buying wings, beer, etc. Hopefully they won't buy out all the sweet potatoes.

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
How else will I see Taylor Swift tomorrow?

And the commercials?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We won't be watching either. But Mr. SK was planning on going to the grocery store, maybe he needs to rethink...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
No Super Bowl here, either. Looking forward to the Taylor Swift memes on Monday.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
When is the game? .....

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'd rather watch paint dry.

Posts: 24712 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
My neighbor and I traditionally go for a motorcycle ride that day. But it’s gonna rain tomorrow, so we might just go somewhere and get a burger. Somewhere that doesn’t have a TV.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
We won't be watching either. But Mr. SK was planning on going to the grocery store, maybe he needs to rethink...
It’s a good time to go to the store.

I also found Costco used to be mostly empty, except the last time I went on that day, the store was still full of mostly Asians and Indians.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I'll be watching the Super Bowl, just like I've done since almost the first one. So will my wife - I think she loves football even more than I do.

I'm not surprised by this thread, however. There is a segment of the population that likes to say "I don't do the thing that a few hundred million other people do. That makes me special." Cool Some of those people can't imagine the appeal of Donald Trump either.

Just don't think that being different is the same as always being right.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve been blended in to a family that really likes football. I never paid much attention before but now I think it’s kind of fun.

Super Bowl is a nice party. Some watch the game and others don’t but it’s as good a reason as any to get together and meet new people.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We may go over to a local Italian place with a huge wrap-around bar. They've just managed to stay open through the pandemic and announced that they would be having superbowl specials.

We will head over in case they don't have a lot of business and spend our $$ there. If it's crowded, we'll just keep on walking!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
We were never real sports fans, football included, so the SB is not a big draw for us.

Someone on the internet mentioned that tomorrow is a great day to eat at that renowned restaurant in your town where it is usually impossible to book a table.

Anyway I have a rehearsal scheduled for tomorrow afternoon so that may not work for me.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Will be celebrating Chinese Yew Year instead. Big Grin

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I’ve been blended in to a family that really likes football. I never paid much attention before but now I think it’s kind of fun.

Super Bowl is a nice party. Some watch the game and others don’t but it’s as good a reason as any to get together and meet new people.

A few of the neighbors have gotten together in the past for these gatherings and we've attended. They're fun!

Pretty much the only Super Bowl that I had an active interest in is the one where the Chicago Bears played. And won!

https://www.facebook.com/ProFo...fle/673055951115186/

It's been all downhill since then... Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post