well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Explosion in Nashville
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Explosion in Nashville
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Judging by the photos I have seen from Nashville, I think I would park a lot farther back than where those police cars are parked. Eeker

Does that look like a FedEx truck to you?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
No kidding.

They’ve been at it for a couple hours. I think they sent a robot in first.

There was just live coverage on CNN....they must get a feed from local news outlets. I just saw a bomb squad guy looking like the Michelin Man in his bomb suit in the back of the truck. The rear door is open and he removed a few items and threw them on the ground. Then he got out of the truck and walked away fairly briskly; I don’t imagine you move very fast in that getup.

I wonder what the hell is going on.

Twitter for a local news station.

https://twitter.com/WSMV

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
No explosives found in box truck.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sixteen months before Anthony Quinn Warner's RV exploded in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning, officers visited his home in Antioch after his girlfriend reported that he was making bombs in the vehicle, according to documents obtained by The Tennessean.

On Friday, 63-year-old Warner blew up a city block, police say, about 6:30 a.m. on Second Avenue outside an AT&T switch facility. The bomb caused massive destruction to 41 downtown buildings and crippled telecommunication systems throughout the Southeast over the weekend.

In the aftermath, The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Warner was "not on our radar" prior to the bombing. But a Metro Nashville Police Department report from August 2019 shows that local and federal authorities were aware of alleged threats he had made.

https://www.tennessean.com/sto...omb-2019/4082253001/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere last night that he was a believer in the conspiracy theories about dangers of 5g technology... probably the reason to target the ATT building.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Curious if things would have been done differently in 2019 if he had not been a white man.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
But if you're profiling, a white man is just the kind who does this sort of thing.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
If his name had been Abu bin Bad Guy and his girl friend called and told police she thought he was making bombs in his vehicle, I'm guessing they would have made more of an effort to look inside that truck.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
If his name had been Abu bin Bad Guy and his girl friend called and told police she thought he was making bombs in his vehicle, I'm guessing they would have made more of an effort to look inside that truck.

This. Unfortunately.

OTOH, I wonder if Warner actually did everyone a favor by exposing a major weakness in infrastructure while not actually killing anyone other than himself...

Not saying I condone what he did, it's just not your everyday terrorist act...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18528 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There is no Hope for us.

quote:
Investigators are exploring several conspiracy theories as potential motives behind the Christmas Day bombing outside an AT&T building in Nashville, including evidence that the bomber believed in lizard people and a so-called reptilian conspiracy, two senior law enforcement officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

Investigators are expected to conclude their crime scene work this week, but it could take several more weeks until they determine the motive of the bomber, Anthony Quinn Warner, who died in the bombing.

Since Saturday, authorities have been probing Warner’s digital devices — which one official says includes a significant trove of pictures, videos and writings — looking for any clues on what drove the man to set off a powerful bomb inside his recreational vehicle that took down communications networks and injured several people in downtown Nashville.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics

Specifically, investigators are looking into the suspect’s previous trips to an undisclosed location in Tennessee where he would camp out in his R.V. and according to the suspect’s statements to others, hunt possible aliens, the officials said.

In addition, investigators are aware of statements the suspect made about an internet conspiracy that powerful politicians and Hollywood figures are actually lizards or other reptiles who have extraterrestrial origins and are taking over society, the officials said.

Believers in the unfounded conspiracy theory believe that politicians, including the Clintons and the comedian Bob Hope, who died in 2003, were actually lizard-like creatures sent to earth and are responsible for a number of historic tragedies. Justin Bieber and the Obamas have also been named in the conspiracy theory.

Federal investigators have also asked associates and acquaintances of Warner whether he believed in equally unfounded conspiracy theories about AT&T and 5G mobile service and whether that was a motivation for choosing the AT&T building as the site of the bombing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...osives-2019-n1252536

OTOH, maybe there is something to it...after all, we do call him the Turtle......

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You can't spell the bomber's name without QAnon:

ANthONy Quinn Warner.

Skeptical

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I dunno - he sounds like your average crazy dude and not necessarily a member of any sort of lizard people's protection group.

This is the part that Trump and his minions don't seem to grasp: most of us would listen to him and think he's nutty and ignore him. But there is that not-insignificant number of people who are teetering on the edge of insanity and Trump's rhetoric (and those of QAnon, etc.) are pushing him over.

Posts: 35380 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they'll be able to confirm a motive for the bombing.

If the target was the AT&T building, I know where a similar target is located in western Pennsylvania. I was around when it was being built and was surprised at the structural framing of the building before the exterior was completed. It was one of the most heavily braced structures I had ever seen. I was told by someone who worked for Bell Telephone at the time that it was intended to withstand a relatively nearby atomic bomb blast (relatively being the operative term in atomic bomb blasts - nothing survives at ground zero). I wonder if the Nashville building was similarly constructed. The photo does not suggest the extent of structural collapse that occurred in the Oklahoma City bombing.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
A man who knew Christmas bomber Anthony Warner got a disturbing surprise in his mailbox on New Year's Day when he received a package from the bomber.

The non-descript package was postmarked December 23rd, two days before investigators say Warner killed himself in the bombing.

Sources tell NewsChannel 5 Investigates that Warner mailed similar packages to other individuals.

The package, which contained at least nine typed pages and two Samsung thumb drives, was immediately turned over to the FBI.

The envelope does not have a return address, but the rambling pages inside left no doubt it was from Warner.

https://www.newschannel5.com/n...ns-and-lizard-people

Bazootiehead-in-training