well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    COVID reinfections

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COVID reinfections
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
People who’ve had Covid at least 5 times describe how the illness changed with each reinfection

Three people interviewed said their later infections were less severe than their first ones. Even so, getting Covid over and over takes a mental toll.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health...illnesses-rcna118132

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I've had Covid at least three times. It has never been severe; just an intermittent headache.

I wonder if these Covid infections have ramped up my immune system to new heights. I used to get a sore throat or maybe a cold on flights, and now I don't.

I haven't had a cold since Covid began, although much of that is probably attributable to lockdowns, distancing, masks, and driving instead of taking mass transit.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge, I have not yet had covid even once. But since Feb. 2020, I also haven't had so much as a cold or the sniffles either, so I suspect that I truly haven't had covid yet.

I attribute it to a combination of masking, my overall lifestyle (rarely on public transport, avoid crowded restaurants etc.), and a good dose of luck. Well, that and I have been doing all the vaccinations (scheduled for current covid and flu vax this weekend).

We'll see how long this can continue...

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post