well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Trump's vote count election lawsuit endgame
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump's vote count election lawsuit endgame
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Good summary of the situation.

https://www.nationalreview.com...he-election-endgame/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37951 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
More from Politico.

https://www.politico.com/news/...ion-challenge-435437

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37951 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
law firms representing Trump are pretty uncomfortable.

quote:
Some senior lawyers at Jones Day, one of the country’s largest law firms, are worried that it is advancing arguments that lack evidence and may be helping Mr. Trump and his allies undermine the integrity of American elections, according to interviews with nine partners and associates, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect their jobs.

At another large firm, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, based in Columbus, Ohio, lawyers have held internal meetings to voice similar concerns about their firm’s election-related work for Mr. Trump and the Republican Party, according to people at the firm. At least one lawyer quit in protest.

quote:
“Many of the GOP’s litigation concerns are meritorious in principle. But the president’s inflammatory language undercuts the claim that Republicans seek merely to uphold statutory safeguards needed to validate the results’ credibility,” Benjamin L. Ginsberg, a longtime Republican elections lawyer who left Jones Day in August, wrote in The Washington Post the following month.

quote:
Six Jones Day lawyers said that given the small number of late-arriving ballots involved in the litigation, and the fact that they already had been segregated, the main goal of the litigation seemed to be to erode public confidence in the election results

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...ection-lawsuits.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It would appear that Fox is no longer willing to play along without a few facts.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
www.loser.com

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Barr gets involved.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/p...le-evidence-of-fraud

Bazootiehead-in-training

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I don't understand how these challenges could possibly work.

I would think you would need evidence that there was widespread fraud, that favored only one candidate, and that the number of votes involved would change the result.

To the extent I have seen the "evidence," it is super lame. Like, one affidavit in Michigan is from a postal worker. This person said the supervisor told them when they began their routes on Nov. 4 that they were to collect any ballots they found and segregate them from other mail and turn them in. The worker says the supervisor *could* have changed the postmarks on these ballots, but the worker did not see that and the supervisor did not say that.

There is also an affidavit in Nevada that says there was ballot harvesting happening. By this, the worker says that the Biden bus was there a lot and helping people fill out their ballots. Sometimes a person would come in and turn in more than one ballot at a time. Apparently, this is not illegal in Nevada. There were also times when the worker saw someone come in and turned out not to be on the voter rolls. These voters were told to go get proof of ID and come back, or they were allowed to vote a provisional. And the worker said he/she was told they could not demand ID of people coming in to vote.

I mean, this is pretty normal stuff. I don't see how anyone could claim that the electoral result in five states should be overturned which is, at best, speculative hearsay that would affect a few votes, not tens of thousands.

I also do not understand what role federal prosecutors could play in investigating fraud in state-run elections.

Methinks the Dems are going to have to take to the streets.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:

The point doesn't seem to be about winning the suits. It's about discrediting the election.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The head of the branch of the Justice Department that prosecutes election crimes resigned Monday hours after Attorney General William Barr issued a memo to federal prosecutors to investigate “specific allegations” of voter fraud before the results of the presidential race are certified.

Richard Pilger, who was director of the Election Crimes Branch of the DOJ, sent a memo to colleagues that suggested his resignation was linked to Barr’s memo, which was issued as the president’s legal team mount baseless legal challenges to the election results, alleging widespread voter fraud cost him the race.

“Having familiarized myself with the new policy and its ramifications, and in accord with the best tradition of the John C. Keeney Award for Exceptional Integrity and Professionalism (my most cherished Departmental recognition), I must regretfully resign from my role as Director of the Election Crimes Branch,” Pilger’s letter said, according to a copy obtained by NBC News.

“I have enjoyed very much working with you for over a decade to aggressively and diligently enforce federal criminal election law, policy, and practice without partisan fear or favor. I thank you for your support in that effort.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...prosecutors-n1247220

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

The point doesn't seem to be about winning the suits. It's about discrediting the election.

And hamstringing the Biden Administration. If you don’t give them transition funds, they’ll be starting from ground zero after the inauguration, and then you call them “do nothing”.

Posts: 45750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://www.inquirer.com/opini...egrity-20201110.html

I've noticed that the major networks are relegating the election vote fraud stories to third or fourth tier; pandemic stories are the lead.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Barr gets involved.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/p...le-evidence-of-fraud

Prosecutors respond.

quote:
Career Justice Department prosecutors pushed back this week against a memo by Attorney General William P. Barr that opened the door to politically charged election fraud investigations, saying in a pair of messages that Mr. Barr thrust the department into politics and falsely overstated the threat of voter fraud.

The protests were the latest rebuke of Mr. Barr by his own employees, who have in recent months begun criticizing his leadership both privately and publicly. They argued that Mr. Barr has worked to advance President Trump’s interests by wielding the power of the department to shield his allies and attack his enemies.

On Friday, 16 federal prosecutors across the country who were assigned to monitor elections for signs of fraud wrote to Mr. Barr that they had found no evidence of “substantial allegations of voting and vote tabulation irregularities.” They also asked him to rescind the memo, saying it thrust the department into partisan politics and was unnecessary because no one has identified any legitimate suspicions of mass voter fraud.

The memo “is not based in fact,” the monitors wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...ent-voter-fraud.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They've put Rudy in charge of the lawsuits. Seems he's being rewarded for trying to channel his inner Roy Cohn.

https://www.politico.com/news/...p-legal-plans-436475

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Trumpublicans still working for Putin??

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/scotwillia...551331800854529?s=21

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post