well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    If Liberace's piano were a house...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Liberace's piano were a house...
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
You may not be surprised to learn that I found this listing on the FB group called "Zillow Gone Wild"

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...G2C2kpHHWuZFsl_K7qgs

Among the many things I love about this listing is the Overview which is all about normalizing.

quote:
Rarely offered RYDAL split level with an INCREDIBLE amount of living space! Nearly 3000 sqft with a walkout basement! Home has been lovingly cared for by the original owner. Take a walk inside the double doors and enter into the formal sunken foyer. Steps lead you to the incredibly large living room, with vaulted ceilings. The dining room is open to the living room, with custom built ins. An eat in kitchen features new ovens, and access to the picturesque and private rear yard. The lower lever features a family room- PERFECT for entertaining. A full bar, fireplace, built ins, custom sound system, and sliders to the flagstone patio make this room the one to hang in! If that's not enough, the finished walk out basement is currently set up with a pool table, another full wet bar for entertaining, a storage area - and is completed by a custom, code entry cedar closet. This basement provides the potential as a future in law suite! Possibilities are endless. This custom home features 4 well appointed bedrooms. The primary bedroom offers a dressing area, ensuite bathroom, as well as a walk in closet. The hall bath is oversized, and features a double sink layout. This home has been lovingly maintained and kept by the original owners, who had commissioned the home to be built and custom designed. Hot water heater is new, CARRIER HVAC also within last 3-5 years, BRAND new Dual garage doors for the spacious 2 car garage. An opportunity like this is rare! Superior Abington Schools- along with a coveted RYDAL location. Make your appointment today!

ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
1) Hard to believe someone could spend so much money on something that looks so....what's the word....ghastly?

2) Where's the white grand piano?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
1) Hard to believe someone could spend so much money on something that looks so....what's the word....ghastly?

ROTFLMAO

quote:
2) Where's the white grand piano?

IKR???

The Zillow Gone Wild guy had a video of Elon Musk's house, which is currently listed for something like $36 million. And he has a little black upright piano in one of the rooms. Didn't anyone tell him?? You put a 9' Bösendorfer Imperial in there or nothing!

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That house is going to cost a lot more to restore than the one in Colorado where the tenant trashed the place.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I got through half those pictures without becoming nauseous. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Also have to wonder what the selling agent thought when he got the call to come look at the house...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
My husband:

"That house has a run-out basement, not a walk-out basement"

ROTFLMAO

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I actually kind of like the living room with its meticulously matched magenta and green elements. The light fixture over the corner table is cool.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
it looks so normal from the outside

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
"That house has a run-out basement, not a walk-out basement"

ROTFLMAO

quote:
it looks so normal from the outside

That's what Mr. SK and I kept saying as we looked through the photos! We were also remarking that, it seems the house is set up to entertain. I'd like to know what the owners wore when guests came over....

Also, piqué:
quote:
The light fixture over the corner table is cool.

There was so much going on I didn't notice that, but you're right.

There are probably a lot of items in the house that, on their own, would be nice, but none of the items are on their own....

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I think the dining room might be a weight loss strategy. No one is going to want to eat in there.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post