well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Is anyone having trouble with the other WTF today?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is anyone having trouble with the other WTF today?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
I can’t get the stupid post box to go away (and the buttons are hidden, so I can’t post anything. I’ve tried restarting my (new) iPad and it still comes up whacked.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
No probs here and I'm trying to understand what you're seeing.

Can you take a photo with your phone?

eta: Oh wait, you said iPad...let me try mine...

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38212 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wait...did you hit New Topic and get the full edit window, and now it fills up your whole iPad screen? Did you try hitting Discard? Or is that one of the buttons you can't see?

I am also able to get to the menu icons that run vertically down the left side by swiping from left to right. They appear and overlap the full edit window without having to throw away a post you might be adding/editing.

I also noticed that if I pinch and make the window really small it just kind of disappears and you go back to the list of threads.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38212 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience with my Chromebook and found if I grabbed and dragged the bottom of the 'post' box, I could then see the top of the box to exit out.

Otherwise, reloading the page cleared it.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7601 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I can’t edit posts. The buttons to submit are buried up top. If I hit that red chat thing on the lower left, the edit box goes away, and I can post another reply, but I can’t go back into a post and fix anything because there is not post button visible (I mean, I can go back in and edit, but I can’t post my edit - the post button at the top is hidden). Does that make sense?

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
This is on my new iPad Air.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Can you pinch the edit window to make it smaller?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Looks like you’re using Safari. Let me check that.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Seems to be Safari. When the edit window pops up, the top of it is hidden when you’re in landscape mode. Turn to portrait and and the edit window fills the screen and you can see the Submit and other buttons.

doesn’t seem like it should work that way and I think something isn’t right, but at least if you do the portrait mode thing you can submit your edited post. It’s like it assumes you are on a phone and most likely in portrait mode. Brave doesn’t work this way. Haven’t tried other browsers.

Will look into it further and see what I can find.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The edit button used to work on this forum with Brave on my iPad, but now it’s disappeared, too.

WTF and edit buttons, a doomed relationship.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m on an iPad using Safari in landscape mode, and it’s working for me. Maybe try a different skin? I’m using Superhero.

Also, my font size (that AA thing) is at 125%.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9851 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi try turning your iPad and see if different controls pop up? It looks like your controls are just at the top of the screen, hidden.

Also if you can copy what you write (so you don’t lose it) and then just refresh the border it should reset.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18855 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Ax had the answer.

Clear out cookies for WTF-Beta and log back in. The edit screen will be back to normal. Worked on both Brave and Safari on my iPad. I had maximized the edit screen and couldn’t get it back to the default, but clearing out cookies did it automatically.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ok, done, and it worked. Thank you! (I got rid of all the cookies and it took me a bit to remember my password here, lol).

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Also, thanks for reminding me to flip the iPad like a phone - that probably would have worked too…

Smiler Jodi