well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What's for dinner?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's for dinner?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Easy Chicken Enchiladas before baking:

With TJ's chimichurri rice, refried beans, lettuce, guacamole, and sour cream.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Chicago style bratwurst on everything buns. No plain yellow mustard or unnaturally green relish, but stone ground and sweet relish worked. Jalapenos, onion and sweet peppers made a fine sub for sport peppers. Sloppy and delicious.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Food looks great.

But I gotta say....that plate is beautiful!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Melamine. We use them a lot - nice size. Have a couple platters to match. Great for outdoor dining.

Got them at Steinmart I believe. They may still have them.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
baked pork ribs in Korean style BBQ sauce, topped with sliced eggplant.
Steamed white rice.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Only problem is you cannot microwave them. Sur La Table offers a set nearly identical, and not badly priced for that store.

https://www.surlatable.com/flo...set/PRO-4841995.html

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Wayfair has the exact stuff. We have like 8 of these small plates and the two service trays.

https://www.wayfair.com/keywor...l+melamine&class_id=

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Supported one of our local sushi places still open through the lootings...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Had friends over last night for dinner and guitar playing.

Smoked baby back ribs
Grilled chili lime chicken cutlets
Elote (Mexican street corn)
Baked beans with bacon and green bell pepper
Top Ramen salad
Cornbread
Melon and pineapple pieces
Boysenberry pie with ice cream

Yummy

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Easy Chicken Enchiladas before baking:

With TJ's chimichurri rice, refried beans, lettuce, guacamole, and sour cream.

That's my kinda meal right there! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Your picture made my mouth water the most, wtg.

My dinner was a usual KETO special. Saved up my carbs to splurge on a cheese stuffed broiled and spiced giant portabello cap.

You wouldn't believe how many carbs there are in mushrooms - especially portabellos!

Of course, I confess "meals" are kind of an abstract construct for me, as I tend to graze throughout the day the only difference being that now I keep track of the contents on "myfitness.com". An OCDS's delight, but I distrust it.

Have gotten to REALLY love goat's cheeses. It seems like alchemy eating all this fat (especially the full-fat cheeses) but I have lost 23 lbs - at least I had as of yesterday. Two 1/2 lbs up today but it must be some electrolyte thing with water as I didn't do anything different.

Who would have thought a bowl of Spring Mix had three grams of carbs in the lettuce?

(Son won't give me exact figures but putting together miscellaneous hints, I figure he's lost well over 60 lbs since January - enough to switch off keto to a more normal mix of "macros". )

Am very fearful of what I'll find when I finally dare have another lipid profile analyzed. According to conventional wisdom, I will have added another deep layer of plaque to my coronary arteries. I NEVER pictured myself regularly eating full-fat brie (among other sinful foods I don't even especially like)!? Eeker

To my surprise, my PCP okayed it and pharmacist firmly endorsed it, but let's see what my cardiologist says based on the actual numbers. Do NOT want to take statins!! Total cholesterol last time was 272, LDL 175. (I guess I ought to be frightened especially given my family history, but somehow I'm not.)

SO unfair that I have to lose a chunk of weight to be in range, just because age/surgery related changes cost me three - four inches in height! Mad The old, "not overweight - under-tall" joke. VeryAngry

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
(Struggling with a luscious smelling slice of fresh banana bread delivered by mom of newly 5 year old neighbor, who dropped it off today still warm. I gave her adorable daughter a card and gift as part of her peripatetic party for her 5th. I know what I ought to do, though - shove it down the garbage disposal... Frowner )

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Homemade pizza - half Margherita, half pepperoni, basil and hot honey.

Oh - forgot the pic.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Quinoa salad full of goodies: edamame, garbanzos, corn, cucumber, avocado, cherry tomatoes, spinach, citrus vinaigrette.

Brownies for dessert (with mint chip ice cream).

I made enough to take some to my aunt, who is recovering from cancer surgery.

F*ck cancer.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post