well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    1 year ago

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1 year ago
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
I think it was July 8 to be exact, I lost my beloved sister.

It was only a few months ago that I'd have thoughts I wanted to share with her, and would think something, eg.
as if it could be written down and mailed, only to realize, then, I was having a daydream.

I don't know what to say about grief except it doesn't seem to be a linear process, if it's a process at all.

Frowner

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You're right, it's not linear. I lost my Dad in 1988. Maybe five or six years after he died I found myself walking from the train station to my office and suddenly bursting into tears. I have no idea why.

Comfort

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Comfort

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Condolences again, Daniel. I remember when you lost your sister you alluded to the depth of your sorrow, which you found impossible to face wholly at the time – even to face its reality. (somewhat hesitantly) I asked you if you could tell us something about your sister, what she was like. You thanks me for asking, and said you would when and if you could.

Perhaps that time has come, when telling us more about her and your relationship would provide some relief from your pain - that your closeness was such that you couldn’t really deal with it while it was so fresh.

Comfort

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Condolences, Daniel.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
My family shows up in my mind, sometimes too much.
My siblings are still wrong, but will never change. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post