well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vintage Burger King

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage Burger King
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
It's not every day that you find an abandoned vintage Burger King hiding in not-so-plain sight. But that's exactly what happened to a group of people who made a peculiar discovery at the Concord Mall in Wilmington, Delaware.

On June 28, Twitter user @RealJezebelley shared a photo of the retro space, which looks like it could have easily doubled as a restaurant set for your favorite '80s or '90s sitcom. The photo was taken in April of this year by Jonathon Pruitt and shows lots of pastel tabletops, retro decor, and even some fake greenery.

A fully intact vintage Burger King was found behind a wall at the Concord Mall in Wilmington, DE. This photo was snapped by Jonathon Pruitt April of 2022. pic.twitter.com/G3V3SnJM3J

— Jeze3D.exe v2.2.1 (@RealJezebelley) June 28, 2022

https://www.delish.com/food-ne...-king-found-in-mall/

The Twitter link:

https://twitter.com/RealJezebe.../1541752168532819969

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37923 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I remember using a lot of that floor tile back in the day. NAFCO brand, IIRC.

Absolutely indestructible.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34968 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
A lot of fast food used it. Ugly, but it broke up the floor space and was tough I guess.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So am I the only one having a hard time thinking of the 80s and 90s as vintage? Big Grin I was expecting 50’s 60’s, ROTFLMAO

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
So am I the only one having a hard time thinking of the 80s and 90s as vintage? Big Grin I was expecting 50’s 60’s, ROTFLMAO

I could not agree more. By this definition, I am 30 years older than vintage.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:

I could not agree more. By this definition, I am 30 years older than vintage.

That’s a fair cop.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post