well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Bear

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bear
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Hulu series The Bear won a bunch of awards the other night. We’ve been watching it - entertaining enough but not great. The lead character is Gene Wilder’s grandson and looks just like him which is kind of cool.

But I wonder - the chefs on the show spend a crazy amount of time chopping vegetables. Why don’t they use food processors?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Not precise enough.

We like the show. Don't know that it rates the attention it has gotten, but it is well written and an interesting subject. Have you gotten to the Christmas dinner episode yet? Some great performances.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13566 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
We loved it.

I think the Christmas Eve episode alone merited the amount of attention the show is getting.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15518 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I found the Christmas dinner episode nearly unwatchable, and if they do another episode like it I’m done.

Here’s why.

I despise people who yell and especially people who yell at *me*. When people start yelling I leave. If it happens a second time I don’t come back. I just won’t tolerate it.

The Christmas episode where everyone is yelling struck a nerve. I don’t care about anyone in the room, what they think or what happens to them and I don’t care if I ever see them again.

I’ve given the show one more chance but if it happens again I’m outa there.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I got about 20 minutes into episode 1 and turned it off and am not interested in seeing if it gets better. I just don't care for this kind of thing. Unlikeable characters.

I am rather enjoying a set of four short films by Wes Anderson on Netflix, all based on Roald Dahl short stories. Benedict Cumberbach, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley star. Creepy and excellent and fun.

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/...-netflix-short-films

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21355 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
We loved it.

I think the Christmas Eve episode alone merited the amount of attention the show is getting.

I agree 100%

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4098 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post