well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Magic Eraser

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/3223912697

16 August 2021, 01:51 PM
Steve Miller
Magic Eraser
I just tried one of these for the first time. Surprisingly effective and no chemicals. Saved me a whole lot of touch up painting.

Have you used them?

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

16 August 2021, 02:29 PM
jodi
Yes, they are awesome.

Smiler Jodi

16 August 2021, 03:12 PM
wtg
Been using them for years. Costco has them in bulk packs and they are bucks off every so often.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

16 August 2021, 04:01 PM
Nina
Yes, they're the best thing I've found for getting soap scum out of the bathtub. Other than cleaning the tub more religiously, I guess, as in every time you use it.
16 August 2021, 05:34 PM
RealPlayer
An old book I have about cleaning recommended something called a “dry sponge” and you had to get it at a janitorial supply. I wonder if this is the same thing, made more widely available.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

16 August 2021, 06:36 PM
Axtremus
I have used it, yes, very effective. But I worry that it's taking a layer off of whatever it's cleaning because it's basically an abrasive. So I use it very rarely and only on things I don't mind leaving scratches behind, however faint. Shrug

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

16 August 2021, 07:06 PM
BeeLady
Yes, but just be careful on painted walls.. It does have a tendency to polish the surface if you work it too hard.

I love it for the gunk around door knobs...Makes me crazy to see the schmutz on the door from folks touching the door to close it. Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

17 August 2021, 11:21 AM
markj
I use a small portion of one to clean the dust and debris from the stylus of my turntable before each session. I simply lower the stylus into it using the cue control level. I lower it and raise it a few times and the stylus comes out pristine.