well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Aussie government official tests positive

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aussie government official tests positive
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
An Australian government official who met last week with President Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, and Attorney William General William Barr and other Trump aides has tested positive for the coronavirus.

“This morning I woke up with a temperature and sore throat," Minister for Home Affairs Peter Dutton said in a statement on Twitter on Friday morning. "I immediately contacted the Queensland Department of Health and was subsequently tested for COVID-19. I was advised by Queensland Health this afternoon that the test had returned positive.”

Dutton added that it’s the policy of the health department that anyone who tests positive must be admitted into the hospital, which he said he complied with.

“I feel fine and will provide an update in due course,” he said.

Dutton’s positive test comes nine days after he said he met with Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, Barr and other officials during a trip to the U.S. A day after the meeting, Dutton posted a photo on Twitter showing him standing with them and with Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...-week-tests-n1157636

Interesting that Australians are hospitalized simply because they test positive.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post