well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    "They will bend the knee"

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"They will bend the knee"
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Take a pass on this thread if you don't want to consider the possibility that TFG will get the nomination...

https://www.theguardian.com/us...s-trump-ron-desantis

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
He does maintain a seemingly iron grip on the base. I doubt his ceiling is as high now as it (surprisingly) was in 2016. We may get to see that base march into Hell with him.

It's also possible that another firebrand borrowing from his antisocial playbook can dethrone him in some early primaries, especially if the message can be tweaked to retain some suburban support that has bled away. Unfortunately, it's possible to sound just as angry and hate-filled as Trump while seeming to make more sense (less word salad).

Posts: 12542 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
They will bend the knee, as usual.
I don't think Trump will win that way, but...

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ugh. I'll read it later, thanks for the warning.
-_-

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18567 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Most will not, this I can tell you with good certainty. I know a lot of Republicans (I suspect a lot more than most here) who will not vote for him under any circumstances. I don't know anyone who will. If that ends up costing us the election, so be it. It will be worth it to be shed of him.

The challenge for Democrats is finding a candidate worth running. I do not think it can be Biden, and everyone else I can think of is a sure loser.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I continue to have faith that the Democrats will #$%^ it up.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The Democrats are a clown show. It's hard to know what to do now because their leadership is ancient and craven and their new members are vapid and useless.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post