well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Are we back to flying on a MAX?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are we back to flying on a MAX?
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
I'm looking to buy airline tix for the first time in a year, and I see that Boeing renamed the Max to be the 800. Or maybe 900, I'm not sure.

PJ and others, how do we feel about the safety fix for the MAX? Would you avoid flying on it?

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm following this thread. I'm planning to book my first post-vaccination flight next month. After all the trouble I've taken to survive this year, I would like to survive the flight.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15522 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I’d fly on one. In my scant 32 years in the flying machine industry, I’ve been more concerned about the people flying and maintaining the machines than about the machine itself.

MAX is the family/generation. There are several models in the family that are numbered MAX-7 through MAX-10. MAX is the fourth or fifth generation depending how you count them. -600 through -900 are the previous generation.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post