well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    This Santos Guy ...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Santos Guy ...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Only the finest thieves get to be in Congress.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Why on Earth do people vote for this guy?

I’m clueless.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Santos goes on a rant.

https://www.businessinsider.co...ichael-guest-2023-11

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Sociopath.

HairRaising

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The House voted Friday to expel Rep. George Santos from Congress for his alleged finance crimes and campaign lies, shrinking the GOP’s already slim majority.

Lawmakers voted 311-114 to oust the New York Republican. The measure required the support of two-thirds of the chamber to pass. Two members voted present.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/0...n-vote-in-house.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I am appalled. How can they expel a former Olympic gold medalist who also is a veteran who served in the Normandy invasion?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
He will be back.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry...b14ee4b066e398b731ce

"“Wow, the coveted George Santos endorsement,” Kimmel snarked. “Trump must be ecstatic. I think maybe we found his running mate. Wouldn’t that be great?”

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this convinced some GOP representatives to vote to boot Santos, as it was first hand information from a Republican colleague...

quote:
Just ahead of the vote to expel George Santos from Congress, a fellow Republican congressman accused Santos of personally defrauding him and his mother.

In a letter sent to colleagues, which was obtained by NBC News, Rep. Max Miller, R-Ohio, said he learned earlier this year that Santos' campaign "had charged my personal credit card — and the personal card of my Mother — for contribution amounts that exceeded FEC limits. Neither my Mother nor I approved these charges or were aware of them."

quote:
Miller said that as a result, he has spent "tens of thousands of dollars" in legal fees dealing with the situation. He went on to say that he has seen a list of 400 people, including other Republican House members, he believes were also overcharged by Santos.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...ed-mother-rcna127611

“To hell with this place,” he said after his colleagues ousted him.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Buh bye

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
On the one hand, we can no longer point to him and say “this is the Republican Party in 2023.” On the other hand, 114 congresscritters voted not to expel him. I’m guessing they were mostly republicans… I’m further guessing mostly the Marge caucus.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
All but two were Republicans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...ge-santos-expulsion/

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
The other NY Republicans in Biden districts REALLY wanted him gone. So he wouldn’t be a conversation piece in the months before the next election.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Where does this leave Gaetz?

quote:
'He is hated': House Republicans secretly consider expelling Matt Gaetz after booting George Santos

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...fd601bf025ae59&ei=36

Bazootiehead-in-training