well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Supreme Court. Immunity for Presidents.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supreme Court. Immunity for Presidents.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I would also add that the vast majority of judges I have dealt with try honestly to apply the law and are not moved by partisan politects. Even the gang that threw out Roe v Wade did so with a reasoned legal opinion. I disagree with them, but that does not mean they are MAGAnuts.the only exception might be Clarence Thomas who sometimes appears to be doing his wife’s bidding.

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17714 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
"The facade of apolitical courts is gone."-- CHAS

I thought it was gone when Bush sued Gore, the Supreme Court ordered a halt to the vote counting in Florida being directed by the Florida Supreme Court, and selected Bush as the winner of the election.

As to the current topic, I don't know enough about it to comment.

Posts: 25169 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I have to tell you honestly that I thought official acts were already immune. Shrug.

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
"The facade of apolitical courts is gone."-- CHAS

I doubt if there ever was any such thing as an apolitical court. Corrupt? Oh, yes. Having said that, McConnell politicized the court by bending long established rules to steal two seats. Mitch McConnell is very much at the center of all that is wrong in America today. From his determination to foil Obama's administration at all cost, to kissing Trump's you know what.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10672 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post