well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Does anyone here play chess?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2871051366

18 March 2019, 07:44 AM
Daniel
Does anyone here play chess?
I can't be the only one.
18 March 2019, 09:38 AM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I can't be the only one.

In my case, I might use the past tense ... Big Grin

I was really pretty good ... when I was thirteen.
18 March 2019, 09:56 AM
Axtremus
Yeah, I was probably "above average" in chess before 13. Today, I can probably still play in the sense that I think I still remember most of the rules, but most likely cannot play well now. Shrug

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

18 March 2019, 11:51 AM
Nina
My son plays. He was ranked as a kid, but hasn't played seriously for years. It's hard to find a partner, and he's not that interested in playing on line.
18 March 2019, 12:14 PM
Piano*Dad
It's hard to like a game where an average laptop can kick the sh!t out of you 99.9% of the time ... Big Grin
18 March 2019, 12:19 PM
jon-nyc
Like PD and Ax.

But I occasionally play with my son now. But I’m not that good.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

18 March 2019, 11:05 PM
Dan
I play regularly, mostly against my son. Current rating is 1370. (For the uninitiated amongst you readers, that makes me adequate, but not that good in the grand scheme of things.)

Look me up on Chess with Friends Daniel if that makes for a match you'd be interested in. My handle is DanG_78. If you play on a different platform, let me know what it is and we can play that way too.

Smiler
18 March 2019, 11:46 PM
RealPlayer
Um...how about dominoes? That's more my speed...

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

19 March 2019, 02:02 AM
Daniel
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
It's hard to like a game where an average laptop can kick the sh!t out of you 99.9% of the time ... Big Grin

I like Pong just fine. Thank you! Big Grin
19 March 2019, 02:03 AM
Daniel
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
I play regularly, mostly against my son. Current rating is 1370. (For the uninitiated amongst you readers, that makes me adequate, but not that good in the grand scheme of things.)

Look me up on Chess with Friends Daniel if that makes for a match you'd be interested in. My handle is DanG_78. If you play on a different platform, let me know what it is and we can play that way too.

Smiler

Very kind! Smiler