well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Winter home insulation/cost saving tip

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2863977397

03 February 2020, 06:40 PM
Doug
Winter home insulation/cost saving tip
Well, winter seems to have returned to Reno, With the temperature being in the low teens at night and maybe 20° by morning. I’ve been generally pleased with the insulation of my new home since I moved here, as a newbie to winter-ish weather.

But it is always possible to make fine-tuning type adjustments that can improve the comfort level and the cost efficiency. As a bit of a home maintenance savant, I did a check of the premises mid morning today, when I thought the heating system might be working harder than it should need to. I did an eagle-eyed check of the perimeter, and came up with an idea I thought might be useful to everyone.

So here is my tip for the day (Summarized, but I can go into more detail if you’re having trouble following it): During periods of sub freezing temperatures, do not leave the sliding glass door to your patio wide open all night. Although this tip is primarily for purposes of heating efficiency, I believe there also may be some security benefits.

I really should start a blog…
03 February 2020, 06:41 PM
Doug
A blog for my, uh, age demographic might include topics such as this, or “remember to put your pants on before you go out grocery shopping…”
03 February 2020, 06:47 PM
Doug
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
A blog for my, uh, age demographic might include topics such as this, or “remember to put your pants on before you go out grocery shopping…”

Or I might devote a whole season to where the hell I put my reading glasses…
03 February 2020, 07:06 PM
Lisa
quote:
quote:

Or I might devote a whole season to where the hell I put my reading glasses…

I would definitely read that....when I find my reading glasses.
03 February 2020, 07:11 PM
CHAS
Check the burners on your stove. Big Grin

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

03 February 2020, 08:55 PM
rontuner
Our son noticed the heating bill was way high in the apartment and even though the forced-air furnace seemed to be running all the time, they were having trouble keeping the temperature comfortable.

I asked him if he ever checked the filter.... no air flow, all that heat just goes up the chimney!

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com