well-temperedforum.groupee.net
At my bird feeder this morning

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2823925497

15 June 2020, 12:35 PM
Piano*Dad
At my bird feeder this morning
A Pinyon Jay scouts out the feeder.

15 June 2020, 12:53 PM
wtg
So I gather you're not on the east coast right now.... Wink

Beautiful bird.

We're seeing a ton of blue jays around here this year. They were common but then had largely disappeared for a number of years. But they're back, cawing up a storm.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

15 June 2020, 01:31 PM
CHAS
Scrub jays were common in Utah.
Don't see any in Tucson or Colorado.

Saw a Phainopepla on a morning walk in Tucson.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

15 June 2020, 02:37 PM
Piano*Dad
Anyone know how I can shrink that photo? I pulled it off of my own FB feed.

Yes, we're in Santa Fe now, after a brutal two day dash from Virginia. We hauled lots of stuff here, including pottery produced in .... northern New Mexico (bringing it home in a sense).

We don't have eastern blue jays here. You can see some Stellars, some Woodhouse Jays, and these Pinyon Jays. The Pinyon Jays often travel in flocks, so I've read. But this fellow was solitary.
15 June 2020, 02:53 PM
wtg
I saved your photo to my computer, then uploaded it to postimages and resized it.

For some reason, postimages wouldn't let me directly copy and resize the original photo, so I had to do the extra step to save to my PC.

I added that resized postimages version to your original post. If you're satisfied with it, then just edit your post and delete your large FB photo.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training