well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I want to know the rest of the story.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to know the rest of the story.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
https://twitter.com/SlexAxton/.../1325141204418191361

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
OMG. Is this another chapter in "I thought it was The Onion"?

https://twitter.com/josh_wingr.../1325088747675922432

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ok-store/ar-BB1aNlER

https://www.huffpost.com/entry...e08bc5b6f21920dc14f7

This seems like it can't possibly be true....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
When the history books look back at this period, the first sentence should be: “It started with a ride down an escalator and ended with a press conference at Four Seasons Total Landscaping.”

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here's the press conference, pretty much in its entirety.

https://www.al.com/election/20...ce-this-morning.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
That's hilarious!

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/...shop-in-north-philly

On Saturday morning, members of Donald Trump’s legal armada scrambled to put together a press conference to challenge the legitimacy of the election. For the site of their Waterloo, they chose a landscaping business in Philadelphia that rested on an industrial road next to an erotic book shop that hosts “Dildo Madness” sales and whose proprietors have taken a decidedly negative assessment of water-based lube.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And this is how it ends. A nearly incoherent rant on the sidewalk in front of building filled with manure.

Seems appropriate.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Mr Jodi said the New York Times said this was done on purpose because they didn’t want protestors. I don’t have a subscription, so I can’t link. Does anybody know?

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I tried to find something in the NYT but was unsuccessful.

Got a link? I have a NYT subscription (I just did the four months for a buck a month to try it out).

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
No, I’ll see if he can find it again. Maybe it was just a theory, or something. The whole thing is just so bizarre, feels like it can’t be real.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hear you. No matter how you spin it, it's totally bizarre.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
“...ending not with a bang but with a trimmer...”

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
This minor debacle is the Trump administration in a nutshell.

1. Make utterly incompetent decisions.

2. Never admit the error and then change course, double down instead.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
The press conference started 30 minutes late. It takes 24 minutes to drive from the 4 seasons hotel to 4 seasons landscaping.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post