well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Guess who I saw on TV today!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guess who I saw on TV today!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I was watching a rerun of an HGTV show called Tough Love. The homeowner had a very old Steinway that she was attached to but didn't know what to do with. The show host called in a piano expert to look at the instrument and to provide info regarding value and options for what to do with it. The piano expert walks into the house and I do a double-take.

Rich Galassini!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGs61i2KKsw

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Apple would be so pumped. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Heck, anyone who has hung around PW for a few years could've told 'em that ...

Big Grin

Haven't seen Rich around here in a while.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Awwww, lovely old piece. Make it into a desk…or a bar!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
How cool!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Awwww, lovely old piece. Make it into a desk…or a bar!

I'm with you. And they tried to convince the homeowner to go that route.

The show host first brought in a guy who repurposes old furniture pieces into other things. He suggested using the legs as the base for a table, and other lumber for wall shelves. The homeowner said that the piano had been a gift from her parents and that she didn't want it dismantled. I was kind of surprised that the homeowner balked at that plan since the piano was totally unplayable. I don't think she even played the piano; if she had, she would have known what bad shape it was in.

The show host's whole brand is that she's a great designer and sometimes has to drag the homeowner along kicking and screaming. She was adamant that the piano in it's current state had to go.

That's when they brought Rich in.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post