well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    OK, so what's really going on?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, so what's really going on?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
This can't possibly be about chicken sandwiches. What's the guy trying to do? Or is he just batsh!t crazy?

quote:
A Chattanooga man is suing fast-food chain Popeyes for running out of its popular chicken sandwiches.

Craig Barr's suit accuses the company of false advertising, deceptive business practices and causing him to waste "countless time driving" to and from local chains to find the sandwich.

Barr, of East Ridge, also claims he was hustled out of $25 by a man who posted a Craigslist ad claiming he could get sandwiches a restaurant was hiding in the back, suffered rim and tire damage while driving from location to location, and was humiliated when his friends laughed at him.

"I can't get happy; I have this sandwich on my mind. I can't think straight," he told the Times Free Press on Thursday. "It just consumes you."

https://www.timesfreepress.com...ken-sandwich/502385/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
"It just consumes you."

I think he has this backwards. Big Grin

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Some people are just crazy. And some people just want publicity, even if it's for doing something crazy.

If he has a lawyer, this is the lawyer's fault, and the lawyer should get hit with sanctions for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

Posts: 45750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
This brings me back to my soon to be patented Dumbass Doctrine. All suits of this ilk should be run by a jury of sorts. If the majority of them respond with something akin to 'Dumbass! What did you do THAT for?!?!', the suit is dismissed.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
This brings me back to my soon to be patented Dumbass Doctrine. All suits of this ilk should be run by a jury of sorts. If the majority of them respond with something akin to 'Dumbass! What did you do THAT for?!?!', the suit is dismissed.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post