well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bomb Cyclone!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bomb Cyclone!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Several sources are predicting a Bomb Cyclone in my area over the weekend. I’m not sure what that is but it sounds cold.

Very cold. The weather service map shows low temps in the -15 range and possibly lower. If that happens it will be a definite first for me. Eeker

My sisters had a nice little trip planned to come stay with us at Christmas. The sister in Reno was flying to Huntsville on Friday to hook up with the sister in AL and then drive up to stay with us. Now Huntsville is predicted to ice over on Friday and sister in AL is driving up Thursday as she’s not sure she would be able to get up her her driveway. Sister in Reno is flying direct to CLE on Friday and I’ll go pick her up. Very sensible, my sisters.

We’ve stocked up on victuals and have the games and cookie making ingredients all queued up. Should be fun!

Let it snow! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yep, it sounds like a lot of places are gonna get whomped!

Hope you stay warm and it passes without incident!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It is warmer at my home at 9000 feet than down
in Denver where records have been set. Have
been letting friends down there know about it.
Big Grin
This also happens when the Artic Expresses hit. The cold goes down the east side of the Continental Divide. If it stays cold down there long enough the cold creeps up here, but, usually, that does not last long.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Looks like we’re going to miss the snow. 4” forecast - hardly worth shoveling. Very cold though, below 0.

Big winds too - waves on the lake forecast to be 15’ or more. Eeker

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post