well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    22 and counting

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 and counting
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Rep. Stephanie Murphy, a leading voice of House Democrats’ moderate wing, announced Monday she won’t seek reelection next fall in another stinging loss for her party.

The Florida Democrat — who flipped a GOP-held battleground seat in 2016 and helped write the party’s playbook for its House takeover two years later — said she is leaving the Hill to spend more time with her family, including her two school-aged children.

“It's been a real honor for me to serve in Congress, but it does come at a personal sacrifice. My time away has been hard on my family and my kids and on me,” Murphy told POLITICO.

A leader of the centrist Blue Dog Coalition, Murphy once mulled a challenge against Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) next fall. Instead, she said she will leave after finishing her current term in the House, where she and other moderates hope to help salvage President Joe Biden’s climate and social spending bill.

Murphy said she hopes “to open a new chapter in my life, one in which I can spend a bit more time with my family.”

Murphy is the 22nd incumbent House Democrat to forgo a reelection bid next year.

https://www.politico.com/news/...ek-reelection-525750

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post