well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy Anniversary WTF
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Anniversary WTF
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I think I got my piano the year before. Wow.

I don't think we're quite dead yet. We're just a select group. Smiler

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

I like this. ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We are not dead, we are just a group of old friends that like to chat. The group likely won’t grow. I’m sure there are quite a few folks who read but never post. I wondered if the new poster was actually somebody new, or somebody we know by another name (or is related to somebody we know.) Maybe s/he will clue us in. Smiler

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:

I like this. ThumbsUp

2010. Hah, n00b...... ROTFLMAO

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
We are not dead, we are just a group of old friends that like to chat. The group likely won’t grow. I’m sure there are quite a few folks who read but never post. I wondered if the new poster was actually somebody new, or somebody we know by another name (or is related to somebody we know.) Maybe s/he will clue us in. Smiler

Snowdog's join date on WTF is July 2005, and there's a poster with the same screen name on Piano World. Maybe the prodigal members are coming back.....that would be great!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
quote:

I like this. ThumbsUp

2010. Hah, n00b...... ROTFLMAO

Please, I'm a Select N00b.... Neener

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:

Snowdog's join date on WTF is July 2005, and there's a poster with the same screen name on Piano World. Maybe the prodigal members are coming back.....that would be great!

Ok, so possibility number 3 is that my memory is disappearing and I can’t remember him/her! That would sense as most days I can’t remember where I put my purse/car keys/glasses, or what I came into the kitchen for… Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I've seen Snowboy post in the past but it's been a while.

Seems to me he lives in Montana and might a friend of Pique?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary, All!

So much has happened in those long years.

Attitudes evolving nationally and within our cohort, marriages and divorces (and remarriages) occurring, deaths approached and (ever) mourned, MIA friends (some who've migrated mostly to Facebook for unknown reasons), multigenerational births (one or two even shared by video)! so many transitions of aging (not all shared) - ours, parents, friends, extended family, children growing up (their parents discussing their milestones, transitions, crises and pinnacles reached).

Also, of course, members' triumphs we've celebrated as they've transpired.

Much, much advice sought and given.

Thank you all for being a substantial part of our jointly shared time on earth!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
You’ve just made me realize I’ve had my piano for 20 years now! Tempus fugit!

A pleasure knowing all of you!

OMG, my piano, too! I bought it in 2001, but it didn’t move in until we finished remodeling the living room in 2002. We re-did the living room specifically to make room for a grand piano!

My profile says I joined WTF in June 2005.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to remember when I started at PW ... I mostly posted in the ABF and I think the Coffee Room self-destructed after I joined PW but I was never really a regular there....

I first started piano in 1999 btw.Hence my participation in the ABF Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I also found PW when looking for a new piano in 2000-2001. How interesting that new piano research is such a common denominator for so many of us ultimately on this forum!

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I've seen Snowboy post in the past but it's been a while.

Seems to me he lives in Montana and might a friend of Pique?

ROTFLMAO

i'll never tell!

ROTFLMAO

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
i remember coming home from germany and discovering that the coffee room had imploded in my absence and everyone had migrated here.

i feel sad that it has been that long since i've been in europe. i was sure i would have been back to visit my piano friends there by now.

yes, add my joining pianoworld in 2000 or 2001, and what a long, strange trip it's been.

i think it is absolutely wonderful that we are still so much a part of each other's lives.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
and what a long, strange trip it's been.

Indeed!

quote:
i think it is absolutely wonderful that we are still so much a part of each other's lives.

Yes

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post