well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bargains galore

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bargains galore
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Went to Habitat ReStore a couple of days ago. Saw this.

Steve, let me know if it will fit in with one of your remodeling projects.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I actually went to Habitat to find an office chair, not a toilet.

I'm in the process of taking up the old peel and stick tile in our basement and replacing it with an interlocking vinyl tile floor. I've been a captive in the basement for the last week and a half, but am enjoying the project. Also getting a hell of a workout carrying tile up and down the stairs...

Since I have to move everything to install the floor it's a good excuse to a) go through cabinets and tools and get rid of stuff we don't use anymore and b) set up the space to be more useful. I needed an office chair for the banquet table that we often sit at when we're down there doing laundry.

Habitat success! Found a Steelcase Criterion chair in working condition and decent upholstery. $15. Floor is work in progress, but...

I also found a T5 fluorescent bulb for our kitchen undercab fixtures for a buck. Menards and HD charge $10 or more for the same bulb.

I love ReStore.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine trying to clean that commode? Eeker Good catch on the desk chair. Sterlcase? You’ll never need buy another one.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34990 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Found this bad boy at an antique store out in corn country. $35, not the $350 they’re asking on 1st Dibs. Trying to decide if it’s worth wiring for LEDs.

Posts: 34990 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Nice lamp! Keeping it in your house, or is it going in one of the airbnb units?

As for the Steelcase chair...there were half a dozen of them in the store. We sat in each one and tested the various adjustment features. The height adjustment in some of them didn't work because the gas cylinder was shot, some of them had broken adjustment handles, and one had pretty badly stained upholstery. From what I see online, replacement parts are available should something fail.

A new one retails for $600, and even rebuilt ones are around $300. All things considered, we're very happy with our $15 chair.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That lamp would go on the man basement, just because I admire the design.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My friend's hubby is an architect and they decided to get rid of his old drafting table. They put it on Nextdoor for free and some guy gobbled it up. I thought they could have gotten a few bucks for it, but oh well. It did make me check craigslist to see if anyone is selling tables and I found this and thought of you.

If you decide to take up drafting, here's a lamp that might go with the one you bought....

https://chicago.craigslist.org...-mid/7672371044.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I could see those toilets at Caesar's Palace.

Ugh.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13573 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Steve, that lamp is a classic. I used to have a table work lamp like that, only smaller.

I did get a halogen one, also industrial design but less classic, for 5 or 10 bucks at an estate sale. We use it often.

I have a big office cabinet by Steelcase with interior shelving. I use it for the tons of music I collected over the years. It's great.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13825 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Did you check that toilet over closely for a stash of classified documents? I feel like it could be hiding some.

Posts: 4411 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

(The first thought that popped into my head when I saw that thing was that Trump Tower in Chicago had been remodeled recently.... Big Grin)

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Did you check that toilet over closely for a stash of classified documents? I feel like it could be hiding some.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin