well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Meanwhile, in the UK
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile, in the UK
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
The lettuce won.

quote:
Why Liz Truss resigned as U.K. prime minister: A guide to the chaos

https://wapo.st/3DctVih

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I love the lettuce competition. It is so silly British humor at its finest.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
1 Truss = 4.3 Scaramuccis.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I just read that Boris Johnson is planning to stand in to be her replacement. I feel like I’m watching an episode of the Benny Hill show.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I just read that Boris Johnson is planning to stand in to be her replacement. I feel like I’m watching an episode of the Benny Hill show.

I think it’s the haircuts.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Her tenure measured in days on a bar gragh measured a tiny fraction of the tenures of all the other PM's in recent history.

King Charles had her number. Lol!

https://youtube.com/shorts/rmufobiP_4g?feature=share

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Her tenure as prime minister spans two monarchs. Nobody has done that since Churchill.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
We can laugh at the Brits today. Their turn to laugh at us is coming.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Her tenure as prime minister spans two monarchs. Nobody has done that since Churchill.

Happenstance.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
BoJo is out.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/ar...hy-i-am-not-standing

Bazootiehead-in-training

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I loved the tweet featuring Larry the Cat at the podium taking the reins.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
We can laugh at the Brits today. Their turn to laugh at us is coming.
God I hope not, but I fear you're right.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Given the fact that while serving as Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak/his wife was avoiding paying millions in tax, he obviously knows all the tricks and is clearly the man for the job of fixing our economy.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 385 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Avoidance is quite legal. Evasion is not. Wink

Posts: 12542 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post