well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Post Your Kitchen Hero
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post Your Kitchen Hero
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
During the last 2 years of being at home, we are all cooking more.

I know that there are some tools I use that are the best no matter what...

So post your fav kitchen item.

Here is mine..Many years of homemade mac and cheese and black bean chili were made in this Dansk dutch oven..I just made cabbage/potato curry in it this week...It was a wedding gift 30 years ago, now stained and chipped but still a staple in my kitchen.

What is your staple tool in your kitchen?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13831 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
ROTFLMAO

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
You win, Joe!

Mine is probably the meat thermometer, one of the pricey Thermapens. I've gotten more serious about not overcooking fish and it's made a yummy difference.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33807 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

Bob does 90+% of the cooking

I win

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25736 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

It took me a long time to finally learn how to use one of these “grownup” thingies. We had a ScrewPull way back when, and when that broke we got a Rabbit-style opener from Brookstone. That’s still what we use most of the time. But I learned how to use the bartender’s classic for travel!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9810 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

Bob does 90+% of the cooking

I win

ThumbsUp I hope you do the dishes!!!

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My Mom owned an enameled casserole like that one. Dansk? Hers was turquoise. My sister still uses it.

I learned to cook with one. Try the porcupine balls - delicious!

Here’s a recipe.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35003 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. The sous vide stick is a game changer!

Try a tough eye of round for like 12 hours to make French dips. Outstanding!

Have you bought a food saver yet? I re-package bulk packs for sous vide, including herbs and such so I can just take them from the freezer and drop them in the bath.

Posts: 35003 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I have a great au jus recipe if you want it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Let’s have it, Steve.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33807 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I have a great au jus recipe if you want it.

Hi

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38013 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post

And

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13584 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Let’s have it, Steve.

Simple au jus

I use home made stock. You may want to add some Better than Bullion if the boxed stock you use is a bit weak.