well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Senior Planet

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2421055366

13 August 2019, 04:47 PM
wtg
Senior Planet
Aging with attitude. I love it.

https://www.technologyreview.c...neurs-senior-planet/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

13 August 2019, 06:27 PM
Mikhailoh
MFR and I are looking for a side business to start.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

13 August 2019, 06:46 PM
CHAS
Not surprised.
Have had waitstaff turn their backs to me to tell my companion the specials. I think they see my hearing aids and assume I cannot hear.
I spent $5000 on hearing aids and they assume I cannot hear.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

13 August 2019, 10:01 PM
Axtremus
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
I spent $5000 on hearing aids and they assume I cannot hear.
May be that’s because they didn’t know you spend $5000 on hearing aid?

Hey Mik, here’s an idea for your new venture: market something that can instantly make obvious to the casual observers the market value of any hearing aid.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

14 August 2019, 12:45 AM
RealPlayer
CHAS, are your hearing aids that visibly obvious? Most aren't.

BTW, I spent almost $7000 on mine and it's still not exactly like normal hearing. Depends on one's type of hearing loss, I guess.

The extra money bought a music setting that is, for a musician, wonderful and absolutely worth the extra. A relative of mine has the model below mine and finds listening to music unpleasant.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray