well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Trouble in paradise

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble in paradise
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Thomas Chatterton Williams on twitter:

quote:
Gay Muslim small business owner supportive of BLM’s goals absolutely terrorized and brought to the brink of insolvency by white “progressives” with guns hijacking the racial justice movement. You can’t make this stuff up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...eattle-protests.html

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Gotta break eggs, man. Get with the movement ...

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
“The idea of taking up the Black movement and turning it into a white occupation, it’s white privilege in its finest definition,” Mr. Khan said. “And that’s what they did.”

I couldn't agree more.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many are nervous about speaking out lest they lend ammunition to a conservative critique of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Lol the NYT is reliable. I just love how that's phrased. People are afraid of speaking out against the woke mob not because the woke mob is destructive and dangerous. No. It's because those conservatives would opportunistically capitalize on their words.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That line probably described many reporters and editors at the Times.

I wonder if this piece would get through the ‘sensitivity readers’ if the Union gets their way.

The author of this piece is or was dating Bari Weiss. I wonder if she’ll still be there a year from now.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
“The idea of taking up the Black movement and turning it into a white occupation, it’s white privilege in its finest definition,” Mr. Khan said. “And that’s what they did.”

I couldn't agree more.

Nina, how does the rubber meet the road with that opinion? What does it mean to be a white person who is deeply politically aligned with BLM, but who also believes white people should not be seen to be carrying that banner? Should white people at CHOP not have been there at all, or should they have been acting differently in some way?

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post