well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Should we all be taking our temperature every morning?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should we all be taking our temperature every morning?
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
I wonder? Might that be an easy way to try to catch an early indication and stay home?

One of the details in some of the Taiwan success stories with Coronavirus involved thermal scanners in buildings and parents taking kids' temps. and holding them out of school if elevated...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7565 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I already do and we just started it for Rachel and the boy. Three different thermometers.

No it’s not foolproof, but the temperature raise is typically the first symptom. And I can’t mess around.

Also it’s useful to know what your normal range is and also to be used to the readings on a particular device.

I run a little low, as does my thermometer. So my range is 96 to 97 with 96.5 probably my typical reading.

So if I read 99, that’s a fever. If I didn’t have 3 years of history with this device, and I just saw 99, I’d figure it was normal.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We have been.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20484 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I always knew Jon was cool.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13584 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I always knew Jon was cool.
Big Grin

Posts: 12573 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
97.0 this morning.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also it’s useful to know what your normal range is and also to be used to the readings on a particular device.

Ahh, this is a good reminder for me. I have always had the sense that my regular temperature is on the low side, so now might be a good time to do some daily temp readings and try to really figure it out.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18610 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post