well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    USPS Informed Delivery

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Informed Delivery
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Has anyone signed up for this? You can see what mail you're supposed to get on a given day; USPS sends an email with images of letter-sized mail that you can expect to receive that day. You can also go back and look at a week or two of history.

We get very little mail, but for the things we do get we've been having a bit of trouble, so I decided to sign up and see if any of our mail is going astray....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj did. Sometimes things show up a day or two later than they say they will. The advantage for us is that our mailman regularly puts mail in the wrong boxes, so we know what we were supposed to get. One of our neighbors does NOT put misdelivered mail into to the correct box.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Will look into this. Thanks
The local PO is so bad people traveled to D.C. to hound congressmen to get a fix.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We've had it for several years now. I do notice that sometimes something is a day later than the email suggests, but for the most part it's accurate and convenient in many ways.

If there are downsides to it, I am not aware of any.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18564 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I also noticed that there's a box you can check if you don't receive an item. I would leap to the conclusion that checking the box triggers some kind of check about where the item is, but this *is* the USPS, so maybe nothing happens....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We've been using it for a few years. It has the drawbacks others have noted (like your mail gets delivered next door), but it seems to work fine for standard and slightly non-standard sized mail. It doesn't seem to work for us for anything else, so mail that comes in an 8x11 envelope, or even a 5x7 envelope, etc., are not shown and instead you get some sort of message like "there might be other stuff we're not displaying."

I find it generally useful though. In particular if we know we're getting a check in the mail (insert prototypical joke here) we will try to go out and bring in the mail and not let it sit overnight, due to mailbox pirates.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post