well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Will Preparation via Software

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2141079266

19 January 2019, 04:58 PM
Cindysphinx
Will Preparation via Software
Has anyone used a wills/estates software program?

My dad would like to update his will, and given the simplicity of his estate we think a basic program will be fine.

Any thoughts?
19 January 2019, 05:04 PM
pianojuggler
I have dabbled on the edges of this. I think the biggest part is making sure that your will is legal in the state in which you live.

I was the executor of my mother's estate. Her will was accepted by the court without probate.

I copied her will and changed the names and a few other relevant details and called it good.

I have seen templates online for wills and other documents. I've used templates for promisory notes and lease agreements, although those tend to be more fill-in-the-blank affairs than a will.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

19 January 2019, 08:42 PM
jon-nyc
I would add the secondary consideration of making sure in advance (if possible) that the will won’t be contested. Not every parent is that open to the transparency required for that, though.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

19 January 2019, 09:07 PM
Mikhailoh
Do. A. Trust. Why do you want your estate to go through probate?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

19 January 2019, 09:13 PM
Steve Miller
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Do. A. Trust. Why do you want your estate to go through probate?

+1.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

20 January 2019, 03:14 PM
Daniel
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I would add the secondary consideration of making sure in advance (if possible) that the will won’t be contested. Not every parent is that open to the transparency required for that, though.

Please clarify.
20 January 2019, 03:37 PM
piqué
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

Please clarify.

I believe he means you should let your kids know in advance what the will says so that if there are any disputes you can address them while you are alive.

fear is the thief of dreams