Find
Notify
Tools

Grammys
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I know this isn’t an awards show crowd, but if you get a chance check out the tribute to all of the music people who died this year. There are a number of them and the tributes are quite moving.

John Prine RIP. Kenny Rogers. Little Richard. Charlie Pride. Trini Lopez. Helen Reddy. Too many more.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
After the tribute the show became a T&A exhibit, moreso than the Super Bowl halftime show with Jlo and Shaka.
The same old shake by those of a gender that objects to being objectified became tiresome and we watched The Circuit on Prime Video.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25846 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
John Prine really hit me hard. One of my favorites.

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
John Prine really hit me hard. One of my favorites.

John Prine was very talented. His lyrics were often too depressing.

Posts: 25846 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
What?

You found "come back to us, Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard" depressing? Big Grin

Seriously, I know what you mean. "Hello in There" gets me almost every time.

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
After the tribute the show became a T&A exhibit, moreso than the Super Bowl halftime show with Jlo and Shaka.
The same old shake by those of a gender that objects to being objectified became tiresome and we watched The Circuit on Prime Video.

I don’t know that the particular performers you observed are all that concerned with objectification. They didn’t seem to be.

One thing I noted is that full-figured ladies are once again in vogue. I view this as good.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

I don’t know that the particular performers you observed are all that concerned with objectification. They didn’t seem to be.

One thing I noted is that full-figured ladies are once again in vogue. I view this as good.

I looked up the lyrics to WAP, the song of the year according to some publications.
NSFW WAP

Yes, I don't think those performers are concerned with objectification.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
What?

You found "come back to us, Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard" depressing? Big Grin

Seriously, I know what you mean. "Hello in There" gets me almost every time.

Don't forget "Sam Stone".