well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Passwords may be replaced soon!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passwords may be replaced soon!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
I'll be SO relieved.
Not fond of all the double authentications either.

quote:
Apple, Google, and Microsoft, along with other tech giants, are working with the FIDO Alliance on passkeys, which are based on what’s known as the WebAuthn standard.

ThumbsUp Passkeys

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I'll be waiting for the first story relating how hackers have found a loophole in passkeys that defeats their purported security. I'd be delighted with something that was truly bullet-proof, but I'm not optimistic.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My naive approach is to use randomly generated "strong" passwords suggested by my password protection software (NOT the built-in stuff), working under the assumption that there are still so many people using 'password' as their password that they won't bother with me.

Add in 2FA and that's another layer of security. I add it wherever I can, despite the annoyance.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post