well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Warren Announces She Is Running for President
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warren Announces She Is Running for President
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Elizabeth Warren Announces She Is Running for President

I don't think anyone here is surprised...

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Please no. I mean, I have the greatest respect for this woman but I don't think she can win.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Please no. I mean, I have the greatest respect for this woman but I don't think she can win.

I agree. If I had the power to name the next President, she'd be on my short list, maybe at the top. But I don't think she'd win an election.

(And I will simply disregard jon's disdain for her.)

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
No surprise here.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Not what we need for president in 2020.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10557 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I'd estimate that she has somewhere between a 1-in-64 and a 1-in-1024 chance of winning the nomination

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I'm with Quirt.

As a speaker, she is as uninspiring as Mrs. Clinton. Maybe Mrs. Clinton and Al Gore combined. Plus a few fingernails on chalkboards.

I truly believe that she has the best interests of the nation at heart and she wants to be President for all the right reasons. But I don't think she can win the primary... maybe I *hope* she can't win the primary, because Individual 1 will eat her for lunch in the general.

I have never heard her go on about any other issue than financial protections and maybe a little about the economy. I'd worry about her foreign policy experience. On the other hand, it's the job of the executive to surround himself or herself with experts and act on good advice.

I think the country would do well and start to recover a bit under Warren. But I think the campaign itself would make Lee Atwater blush... how many Willie Hortons are hiding in the closets? Only someone who has memorized The Art of the Deal and can weaponize Individual 1 against himself can beat him at his own game. I don't think Warren has the pluck for that.

Now, if something happens to Individual 1 between now and then... Something nixonian, perhaps...

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I do hope she goes away. Along with Bernie.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Individual 1 is already saying he hopes she gets the nomination because he will squash her like a bug. He said we should "ask her psychiatrist why" she wants to be President.

Sheesh.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Biting satire worth reading on this topic:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/art...tm23QZWqy-NloZMT7xBk

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biting satire worth reading on this topic:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/art...tm23QZWqy-NloZMT7xBk

That is cute. Good satire.

But still. . . .

I resist the idea that Clinton was not elected because of gender bias. She was a bad candidate. In this way, she was treated exactly like about 25 other bad candidates who hoped to win the White House in 2016 -- people decided they didn't like her and didn't vote for her.

If anything, Hillary proves that misogyny is not a factor in national politics. Despite being a terrible politician who did lots of bad things and said lots of bad things, she got farther than any man who said and did so many bad things. Heck, she won the popular vote -- how is that gender bias?

Please let's not forget that she let a novice senator (and a black one at that!) beat her in 2018 because he could count delegates better than she could. Hillary was bad, but she surrounded herself with people who were just as bad at their jobs.

Nah. Hillary lost because a lot of people don't like her, because people (like me) came to believe she was crooked (those deleted emails must have contained something awful if she was willing to take the blowback for deleting them), and she is super bad at being a politician.

Give me Kamala, Kirsten, Amy, or even Claire McCaskill. I'll vote for a woman, enthusiastically.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Give me Kamala, Kirsten, Amy, or even Claire McCaskill. I'll vote for a woman, enthusiastically.

But not Liz?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I need to talk more to my friend who has dealt with Kamala Harris, to find out why she doesn't like her.

But I'll support whichever Democrat wins the nomination. Male or female, black or white, young or old. I'll even support a non-Democrat like Bernie, if the Democrats nominate him.

Too bad others won't pledge themselves to support the Democratic candidate.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I’ll vote ABT.