well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Four people killed in strange rampage ~three miles from me

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Four people killed in strange rampage ~three miles from me
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
21 year old local man with registered gun shot companion in bar after altercation (girlfriend?), then two men (father and son) who tried to intervene. Then shooter fled, crashed car after which he broke into nearby house apparently at random, where he shot the 83 year old homeowner in the head. His wife was spared by locking herself in the bathroom where she called 911. Shooter kills self.

By sad coincidence, the elderly victim and his wife were celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary that day.

Truthfully, of all recent shooting incidents I'm aware of, this one seems the most typical of such killings in the past - namely, one man who apparently only recently snapped (probably provoked by romantic disappointment), kills well-meaning bystanders followed by random citizens near original scene.

No terrorists self-radicalized or not, nothing racist (everyone was white), everyone had legitimate reason for being where they were - except perhaps the shooter himself.

I guess the background story of the young killer will emerge soon. I'm especially freaked by the notion of the deranged shooter's breaking into a random suburban home near mine and attacking the owners. Of course, there are hundreds of other homes and residents within the radius of my house and the bar/restaurant where the scene began.

Just some sad, personal human explosion that took down three innocent bystanders .

https://www.pennlive.com/expo/...ar-what-we-know.html

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Wow.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33811 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
This used to happen when we lived in New Orleans. It was one of the reasons we moved to Arizona.

Posts: 24867 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Guns kill.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post