well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The place for me. If only :) $$$$

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The place for me. If only :) $$$$
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Would not have far to move

Beautiful. Has boarded horses. Considered boarding here when I was looking for a horse a few years ago. Was told the previous owner was a president of Chrysler who like to play cowboy.
Horses trained for ski joring have been boarded and trained there.
My place is 15 miles south on the same river.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
OK, that would be the one for me.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm not exactly sure what would be the one for me if there were no other factors--husbandly preferences, locations of loved ones, global warming, hurricanes, and such--but this house and location look a lot like the fantasy house I wrote about in the Faye books.

I don't like all of the interior and it's hard to tell what's going on with the water. I think it looks green because it's very shallow behind the house, which is a good thing, but I'd want to make sure that all those rich people throwing fertilizer on their yards hadn't ruined the thing that brought them there in the first place. (This is a metaphor for Florida.)

The down side of this house is that writing about the house I wrote about was intended to call attention to the evils of slavery and the plantation system. Living in a house modeled on that system is just the opposite of that and would, in fact, be icky, so let me cast about for a better dream house-we-will-never-buy.

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...7617_zpid/?mmlb=g,59

Here you go! It's not very pretty on the outside, but it doesn't have that icky faux-plantation look and there's no arguing with the beauty of the beach and water. The other one had a place to park your yacht, but we don't have a yacht.

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...2459/48115381_zpid/?

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Would’ve considered making an offer, but the recent increase in mortgage rates probably puts me out of the running for now.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Spectacular! Love that area.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
I'm not exactly sure what would be the one for me if there were no other factors--husbandly preferences, locations of loved ones, global warming, hurricanes, and such--but this house and location look a lot like the fantasy house I wrote about in the Faye books.

I don't like all of the interior and it's hard to tell what's going on with the water. I think it looks green because it's very shallow behind the house, which is a good thing, but I'd want to make sure that all those rich people throwing fertilizer on their yards hadn't ruined the thing that brought them there in the first place. (This is a metaphor for Florida.)

The down side of this house is that writing about the house I wrote about was intended to call attention to the evils of slavery and the plantation system. Living in a house modeled on that system is just the opposite of that and would, in fact, be icky, so let me cast about for a better dream house-we-will-never-buy.

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...7617_zpid/?mmlb=g,59

Here you go! It's not very pretty on the outside, but it doesn't have that icky faux-plantation look and there's no arguing with the beauty of the beach and water. The other one had a place to park your yacht, but we don't have a yacht.

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...2459/48115381_zpid/?

Apparently, Eartha Kitt was reminded of plantation houses when she visited the White House. She made some comments about the needs of urban youth (needs as opposed to Lady Bird's "beautification" program). LBJ pulled her driver off the job before she could walk outside. He had her under surveillance and had her blacklisted.

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post