well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
1501 Oak Haven

Lots of pictures! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34885 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
It's like recessed lighting central! Ugh. I'd have it all ripped out and re-wired. I thought canisters went out years ago. (They should have.)

The bones look good and the layout is intriguing but open concept is not a thing for me. The decor is pitiful in my book, although they have some pretty interesting collections. But that's not part of the house.

Oh, I didn't get through all the pictures (are they serious?).

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10566 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Well, that's pretty mind boggling. Wonder how many people live in it.

The views are amazing.

Association fees (?) are $435 a quarter.

Who has a wall mounted water fountain to drink from in their house?

I'd wait a while for the price to drop some more. They started at $12M and it's under $5M now. Should be able to nab a deal in a few more months.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37855 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

See the sofa made from the back end of a 57 Chevy? My neighbor had one of those stored in his basement for a while for a family member. You should have seen them trying to get it into and out of the basement...very awkward stair arrangement and that sofa was big and heavy.... Eeker

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37855 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I assume they are selling as part of their preparations for the rapture?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Owners are said to be a couple in their 80’s.

My guess is they figured out the kids don’t want any if it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34885 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
The newer generations will have to develop their own nostalgia.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13802 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
My guess is they figured out the kids don’t want any if it.

Indeed! This is the definition of too much stuff! Yikes!

Whoever their real estate agent is should be fired btw, bc the first photos in the listing should not be their nostalgic collections. I’m sure that’s off-putting. They should start with the outdoor, entry, and living room photos, and the photos which currently are first should come last.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18393 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I think it is a couple preparing for the rapture. The house is in Utah and something about the house says "Mormon".

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
6 BR, 14 car garage? Single family house…

Maybe all the memorabilia goes with the house.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9795 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post