well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My floor lamps are going to be famous

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My floor lamps are going to be famous
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Well, maybe not famous. But they are going to be on TV.

I had two old fashioned floor lamps for sale on Craigslist.

Got an email yesterday from someone who said they wanted to purchase both, and that they were for a TV show. I looked up the person's name and she is a set designer for a Showtime series called Work in Progress.

https://www.sho.com/work-in-progress

The lamps will be appearing in some flashback scenes in the upcoming Season 2.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Those look very much like my preferred style of floor lamp. Central bulb, three exterior ones. Lots of light.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Tons and tons of light. Uses one of those mogul base bulbs in the center socket. It's 100-200-300 watt three way.

I still have a vintage swing arm reading lamp that uses those bulbs. I have a lifetime supply of bulbs courtesy of Big Al.

Smiler

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We rescued these from a three flat down in the city that a family had lived in since the 1890s. The lamps were going into the garbage because the heirs of the estate didn't have a use for them; they were overwhelmed with the amount of stuff in the building as it was and they were glad someone was taking them.

We had them rewired, bought shades, and used them in our vacation home for years. They worked really well there because the rooms were large with vaulted ceilings; these lamps put out a lot of light and they did a good job lighting the space. I brought them back when we put that house up for sale, but really didn't have a good place to use them here.

Glad they found a home!

Bazootiehead-in-training

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Very cool! We used to have lamps like that.

Probably the TV people will change out the shades for more period types.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Did you insist on being listed in the credits?

Careers have been launched on less.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
That is so cool! At first, with the title of the show, I thought your lamps were going to get a DIY makeover. Smiler

Must be in the air. A movie crew just packed up last week. They have been filming in the neighborhood for the last few months.

They even paid us to move our cars. Smiler

Look for a glance of my porch on Amazon Prime sometime in January! Ole

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post