well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cancellations and closures (edit: and accommodations)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancellations and closures (edit: and accommodations)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Yesterday the Gov of Colorado asked all the ski areas to close by executive order.
They have closed.
All the traffic is now out of here.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
You guys all realize these closures are really until the end of the year. They just don't know it yet. And those that do know it don't want to freak everyone out.

The governor of Ohio is pretty much there.

quote:
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) said Sunday that schools may remain closed through the end of the year as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread.

Ohio is among a handful of states that announced it would be closing schools for a few weeks.

CNN's "State of the Union" host Brianna Keilar asked DeWine if he anticipates the state may close schools for the rest of the year.

"Absolutely," DeWine responded.

"Going by what medical experts are telling us, [the outbreak] may not peak until the latter part of April or May," he added. "We've informed superintendents while we've closed schools for three weeks, odds are we will go on a lot longer."

DeWine said it will "not surprise" him if schools don't open again this year.

He noted closing schools isn't the only measure Ohio needs to take in order to mitigate the spread of the virus.

"I have learned about talking to the experts, it's not just one thing, [we] have to do a lot of different things and do them early," DeWine said. "And that's what we're trying to do in Ohio."

https://thehill.com/policy/hea...d-to-the-end-of-year

He meant school year, but I also think he knows that it'll go into the next school year. He just doesn't think it's the time to say that yet.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
All Illinois bars and restaurants closed after tomorrow. Still open for pick-up and delivery.

https://chicago.eater.com/2020...pritzker-coronavirus

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
All Illinois bars and restaurants closed after tomorrow. Still open for pick-up and delivery.

https://chicago.eater.com/2020...pritzker-coronavirus

Just announced here in Massachusetts as well til April 17.

All schools closed till April 7. (Formerly each town or city could make their own decisions).

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
California closing bars and nightclubs, asking restaurants to reduce capacity by half.

Ohio closing bars and restaurants.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from LLBean.

They are closing their stores for two weeks, including in Freeport.

All employees will receive pay and benefits during the closure.

Online still open for business. Also phone.

quote:
If you have questions about your order, our products, or just want to hear a friendly voice

quote:
During this period, our social channels will focus on simple ideas and images that inspire and remind us of the restorative power of the outdoors. If you have outdoor moments that you would like to share with us, we'd love to hear from you.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
No traffic on the freeway coming home, most noticeably no trucks. Eeker

I’m not sure what that means.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Oregon restaurants closed except for takeout/delivery.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
All the states where bars and restaurants are closed, and other mitigation measures.

https://twitter.com/COVID2019a...609417138177/photo/1

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Ohio cancels its primary at the last minute.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
And an Ohio judge was very cowardly in not approving that cancellation. I think his reelection chances are nil.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Kentucky Derby delayed until September.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
South Coast Plaza is closing for a while.

I don't know why this surprises me but it does.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Nordy's closed all stores.

My daughter and I were just in there last week to get her some "professional" clothes. They finished alterations just a few days ago and she was able to run in and grab them.

Also, at the risk of being a major scrooge, who else is getting a little tired of the emails from CEOs of various companies telling us what their response is going to be? I think we all can pretty much fill in the blanks now: health and safety of customers/employees our main priority; we're limiting access; we're cleaning stuff all the time; we're committed to maintaining the highest level of service; etc., etc.

Harrumph. Now get off my lawn.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Kentucky Derby delayed until September.

I'm still having a mint julep on the first Saturday in May.

Bazootiehead-in-training