well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    In case some of you want to chat...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In case some of you want to chat...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted
So I've got a new book coming out.

Since social media took off, I talk about my books less here. Y'all know what I do, and a lot of you follow me on social media where I promote them a good deal. (And then worry about being annoying, while also fielding ideas from the publishing house about ways I can do more of that kind of thing.)

However, I thought you might want to know about some online events I'm doing over the next few weeks, in case you want to come be part of the conversation.

This book, The Physicists' Daughter, kicks off a new series, and the publisher is doing a lot to push it, so I'm excited about the possibilities. (Albeit guardedly so, as I've been around the publishing industry for a long time and I know that it is a fickle beast.) It's a book of the heart, which those of you who remember that my bachelor's is in physics can probably tell by the title. It's set on the American home front during WWII, featuring a Rosie-the-Riveter-style protagonist whose unusual-for-a-woman-in-1944 background in physics is a threat to the secrets being kept by people on both sides of the conflict.

If you want to come to any of the online events, here are the details:

The Poisoned Pen Bookstore
June 4 (today), 2 pm Pacific Time
Facebook Live and Youtube (no Facebook account required)
Login info

Book Carnival
June 7 (publication day!), 5:30 Pacific Time
Zoom link here

Scrawl Books
June 15, 7 pm Eastern Time
Login details to come

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good read. When does it come out and where can I buy it that’s not amazon?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’ve got my book pre-ordered - can’t wait to read it!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Sounds like a good read. When does it come out and where can I buy it that’s not amazon?

It comes out Tuesday, June 7.

You can buy it wherever fine books are sold. Smiler

I've always sold well in independent stores, so they're likely to have it in stock, but you can never know with indies, so a phone call to check before you go would be in order.

If you want to order online, I believe that all three of the independent stores in my original post--The Poisoned Pen, Book Carnival, and Scrawl--have online presences. Also, bookshop.org has it on their site, where you can order from a plethora of independent stores. And of course, the big online retailers like Barnes & Noble and Amazon have it, for those who shop there.

This one's getting better distribution than I've had before, so it's already on the shelves in the big box stores--Barnes & Noble and Booksamillion--as best I can tell.

Basically, you can get it wherever you like to buy books, with at worst a short wait while they get it from the warehouse.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jodi!

Smiler

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Very cool, Mary Anna!

I recommended you to my mother and now she's listening to your first book on audio. Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Aw, thank you, SK!

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!

My cousin has been a big fan and read all your books..

I was just setting up a local unrelated book event and now I understand the complexties... Blink

I have your book bookmarked for its release! Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Event planning, in general, just makes me nuts. It is completely out of my wheelhouse.

Kudos to you for doing that, Beelady.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Have you dealt with Bookmarks in Winston-Salem? Great non-profit bookstore. My daughter worked there until this summer job at Wolftrap.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I missed it! I hope it went well and you sell a ton of books. I've got mine on preorder. Smiler

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Have you dealt with Bookmarks in Winston-Salem? Great non-profit bookstore. My daughter worked there until this summer job at Wolftrap.

I haven't! I've signed at several stores in North Carolina, but not that one.

I just checked their website and they show the book. That doesn't necessarily mean they have it on the shelves, though. They may, or they may order it from the warehouses for customers who ask for it.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I like to support indies, but even these days B&N is suffering. There used to be three B&Ns in my town, now there's one and I hate to go there because they have a pay-for-parking lot. But their website says they have The Physicists' Daughter on the shelf.

I may try Third Place Books. I think Pique did a signing there when G.O. came out.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
pre-ordered March 26, and waiting for kindle delivery tomorrow!

will try to do the Tuesday event.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Think I pre-ordered it.
If I don't get a notice tomorrow,I will get the Kindle version.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post