well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Darwin Award candidate

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/1953918497

21 August 2020, 01:12 PM
wtg
Darwin Award candidate
Saw this at the grocery store:

Called it to the attention of a twenty-something stockperson who told me "we're out of the product, so we're putting what we have in back on the shelf".

Thinking she had missed that these were furniture wipes, I pointed that out. She repeated the bit about putting out what they have.

I was like, someone's going to buy these and think they can be used to disinfect things. She said that's what they've been told to do, that she couldn't do anything about it, and sorry for the inconvenience.

I walked away shaking my head and then found one of the long term store employees I know and showed him the photo I'd taken and recounted my exchange with the twenty-something.

He shook his head, said he'd alert the store manager so they can get the furniture wipes off the disinfectant wipe shelf....

I should have asked the twenty-something if they put Raid bug spray on the shelf when they run out of hair spray.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to loveā€¦ and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

21 August 2020, 01:42 PM
Steve Miller
I'd check twice before buying toothpaste from that store.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

21 August 2020, 02:51 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
I should have asked the twenty-something if they put Raid bug spray on the shelf when they run out of hair spray.

ROTFLMAO
Frowner
21 August 2020, 05:49 PM
jodi
Omg.

Smiler Jodi

21 August 2020, 06:02 PM
Amanda
At least she didn't attempt to locate them in the Slavic section! WhoMe

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

21 August 2020, 07:41 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
At least she didn't attempt to locate them in the Slavic section! WhoMe

Yeah, the "Polish Wipes" is in large font, and I didn't see the smaller "furniture" until a bit later.